Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help please..!! Did my camera rotate during flip..?

Well I am pleased to report back that tonight I performed a flip whilst imaging M52, which is in almost identical location to the Bubble Nebula where I had problems last time out. Before the imaging session I checked the tightness of everything and added a reference mark to the Moonlite rotating flange to monitor if it moved. I also stood by and observed cables, etc., during the flip with no sign of any snags. Well everything looked good by eyeball, but to complete the analysis I solved pre and post flip images on astrometry.net with the folloeing results:

Pre Flip Orientation: -179 degrees E of N

Post Flip Orientation: +1.03 degrees E of N

Summing those gives me a rotation of 180.03 degrees - I can live with a 0.03 degree error. YIPPEE :headbang:. I didn't get all the data that I wanted tonight due to clouds rolling in, but it was definitely worth getting out there to test the flip.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Regards, Geof

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived