Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Sky Master 20x80 Bins

Stormbringer

I recently got these of Amazon as i wanted a bigger type bin and I am quite impressed with them

Only used them 2 times so far . Used them on night of arrival and saw Andromeda with them unfortunately the seeing conditions were not the best with a lot of haze and banks of cloud obscuring the seeing but what i did see was good . 2nd outing was last night observing the full moon really good views through them . There was a bit of chromatic aberration around edge of moon  but can live with that and colimation seems spot on with a nice bright clear image .

used on a tripod . handheld they are shaky from the start and only get about 10 secs fore they shake to much but so much better on the Amazon Basics tripod ( quite a sturdy tripod ) with pistol grip. i did try a quick view of moon couple nights ago using car roof as a support which was better handheld again only got 15-20 secs till they shook to much

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

used on a tripod . handheld they are shaky from the start and only get about 10 secs fore they shake to much but so much better on the Amazon Basics tripod ( quite a sturdy tripod ) with pistol grip. i did try a quick view of moon couple nights ago using car roof as a support which was better handheld again only got 15-20 secs till they shook to much

Thanks for this

Archived