NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

refractors

just pondering on getting either one of these Skywatcher Evostar 80 ED DS Pro  or Explore Scientific ED APO 80mm f/6 Deluxe FCD-100 Hex-Focus

Is there any significant difference 

going to be used prodominently for observing but also some imaging

thanks

The Skywatcher Evostar 80 ED DS Pro is a doublet, the Explore Scientific ED APO 80mm f/6 Deluxe FCD-100 Hex-Focus is a triplet. So the diffference is to many substantial.

If the intention is to go imaging then get the ES. The FCD-100 has good reports. If imaging you may get some CA on bright objects with the Skywatcher.

The Skywatcher is popular but you are likely safer with the ES.

Hi. Sorry to throw in a curve ball. But If the scope is going to be used mainly for observing, but some imaging now and again.

Maybe the sw 150pds would be worth a look. It is a reflector, but you will have so much more aperture for your bang for buck. And for visual purposes, aperture with quality optics is what you need. The sw 150 pds also is popular for Ap and gets good results. 

I hope the above helps

hi guys forgot to mention i already have an celestron nexstar se 6 which i will be keeping for a bit until i decide what else to do as i have been looking to get an 8" evolution edge so any further help would be good

Archived