RDF placement.

Wobbly Bob

Being very frustrated at not finding objects in the sky with my 100mm 90deg binoculars and not sure about using a green laser finder, NE Essex is the M25 of the airways day and night plus the frequent visit by the Police Chopper, so I was very pleased to see a simple fix by Geoff of a 45deg piece of wood with an acrylic mirror attached to the RDF with magnets.

So I made one of these detachable mirror RDF's and mounted it to the handle of the binoculars where the mounting holes are, BIG problem !!! to view the 45deg mirror I had to stretch my head half way up  the bins to see, very awkward. After some pondering on how to overcome this problem a simple solution came to mind. A square piece of hard wood was planed to size and the RDF was screwed to one end, then it was a simple case of moving the assembly to a suitable position, MUCH MUCH better just lift my head and look over the eyepieces. Job done.

Best RDF position.jpg

Best RDF Top View.jpg

Archived