SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did I see?

Manok101

Last night I was just about to turn in when I decided to walk out the door and test my binoculars for a moment or two. I just happened to be looking in the northern sky for no particular reason when I saw a very very short very very bright yellow/white streak that looked like I'd always imagined a fireball to look.  It also looked very small. I'm thinking it might have been space junk or something. Any ideas? Are rocks falling from space normally yellow/white? I have never seen anything but the normal shooting star the very very tiny very hard to see around here kind. 

I've seen meteors in many different colors. And I've seen a brilliant yellow fireball before. Depending on the actual direction of the meteor and the parallax involved, their duration or seeming distance they cover in the sky is a most inaccurate way to identify what it can be.

I just tend to enjoy the show!

Dave

Archived