NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moon 27th August

AstroKane

The British weather finally allowed me some clear skies!

I recently upgraded my setup to an Advanced VX Mount and an 8" EDGE HD along with the X-CEL eyepieces - I love this setup so much, makes me feel like I am looking at the moon again for the first time.

When you start out with this hobby there is so much to do and see that you can sometimes lose track of your goals. More than once I have spent nights out hopping between objects only really to end the session without anything to show. I have now devised a plan of how I want to progress my observing/imaging sessions to make sure I am maximising my time.

I love imaging the moon and finally feel confident that my images of the full object are getting ok results consistently. I image primarily with my iPhone so the next step is to try moon mosaics to draw out more detail. For the closer shots this is still very new to me so there is a lot of room for improvement and I would say a little bit of gear upgrade.

Anyways, enjoy the attached images!

Moon 3 27817.jpg

Moon 2 27817.jpg

Moon 4 27817.jpg

Moon 27817.jpg

Archived