Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Calling all LX90 owners !!

13 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Carry on quote comes to mind " Infamy, infamy Meade have got it infamy "

Lol brilliant ?

Well, scope has gone back to opticstar for them to look at it, I just hope it isnt the same clown that supposedly fixed my Dec motor issue on the last LX90 as that just got sent straight back to me with no change !! Hasten to add I have less faith in opticstar then I do Meade.

I will keep this post updated.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to be a general problem, I've returned new mounts to be fixed to two different manufacturers, not Meade, one was returned supposedly fixed with the same fault and one was returned unfixed because they couldn't identify the fault, both fixed eventually.

Dave

2 hours ago, michael8554 said:

Plan B - buy used items, let someone else have the pain of sorting them from new!

Nice idea but that could open up a whole different can of worms ? plus second hand rarely has any warranty period left so for me new is the way to go cos all I will continue to do is send inferior junk back. ? it's thier postage and thier rep when it's so easy theses days to keep others informed of poor or substandard quality at places like this.

Cheers.

UPDATE. opticstar have said the mark in the optics wouldn't cause any performance issues under normal conditions, whatever that means? but are prepared to send me a brand new unit. So they asked would I like it tomorrow (fri) or Monday. So as I am 2.5k down and scopeless I obviously said tomorrow, to which they replied they have missed the last post so it will be Monday. What a set of pro's !

Well, finally got my replacement scope and i am glad to say that whoever assembled this one seems to have had some pride, as far as i can tell

it appears perfect with flawless optics. I had a brief window of sky to test the GPS and goto system along with a star test and all was as you would

expect, it was 100% collimated too so chuffed it doesn’t need any adjustments.

However, as with my long history with Meades quality control, there is still a blemish on this almost perfect replacement, and as petty as it may be its

still something that shouldn’t of left the factory. As you can see in the 2 pics attached, my LX90 8" finder bracket has perfectly machined thumb screws

yet on the new LX90 10" there was clearly a human involved with zero knowledge of what 90deg means hasten to add even Opticstar have without

question just sent out a replacement.

So this is my last Meade scope, if ever i decide to change in the future then Meade will definately not be on the list.

Meade in a nutshell for me is 100% guaranteed to 99% deliver the scope you thought you paid for ?

Merry Xmas to you all and i wish you all clear skies.

Lee.

meade off.jpg

meade on.jpg

Archived