Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky-Watcher Explorer-130P

Hello,

This is my first telescope and I am struggling to set up the telescope itself. There are no instructions about this. Just guessing we attached the lense set up the mount, found stars but when we looked through the telescope itself... nothing. We tried the different lenses. At one point we managed to focus it but it was just like looking at the sky with the naked eye? I don't understand! Please help 

Give a little bit more information about what your doing and/or give pictures. Stars through a telescope don't appear any bigger just brighter, so if your just pointing in a random area of the sky the stars may just look like stars at zero magnification. This may be your problem, that you'll mean that you need to align your finder scope to your main scope.

When properly adjusted, the telescope will reveal many many faint things you can't see with your naked eye, it's the observation of the small and subtle details in the sky.

An example would be this: You look into the eyepiece and see 18 stars, but actually with naked eye you can see only 1 or none of the 18 stars.

Some objects are spectacular and obvious like the double double star cluster, M22 star cluster, Orion Nebula, the Beehive cluster, Jupiter, Saturn, the moon of course and many other things. The lifespan of a human is not enough to see it all. :icon_jokercolor:

If you don't know it already, this bellow is the Messier list of deep sky objects DSOs. Some targets are easy to find; some are harder or impossible depending of the light pollution, atmospheric conditions, and aperture of the instrument for instance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Messier_objects

if this can help.

Archived