NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cloud from saturday

Martin 2

Thanks Martin

I wanted a gps and goto as I have a nackered knee, it needs a new joint but apparently I'm to young !!!

When I'm older and all the other joints are knackered they will give me one.

I'll be needing a lot of advice when I get it up and running, as you have the same scope I hope you wont mind helping me out

Martin 2

Blind leading the blind mate but I am 3 or 4 weeks ahead so I have picked up a bit. You will be stunned by the views of the moon and clusters. You will get great views of Saturn but don't expect to see the same contrast or detail as you see on some of the images posted here, that sort of stuff can only really be brought out by the Registax processing.

The scope is heavy esp if your are moving it with it attached to the tripod. Perfectly manageable so long as your knee doesn't give way :? The guy in Derby will probably explain this but the top tip with these scopes is to work out how to align the mount with the tripod when you're putting it together. Basically align the little ridge between the on switch and the 12v connection with a ridge on the tripod above any of the legs- that will bring the screw holes into line. that will save you 10 mins of precarious fiddling.

I'm getting excited for you now :laugh:

Martin

well i dont know , with all these new scopes , we just as well stick them in a shed ,take a pic of them , and place them beside our bed ,ehhehehh , not much chance of any imaging, and nowCaz put the mockers on it getting a scope, ,

Why cant folk be satisfied with what they have , !!!!! THAT REMINDS ME I MAY GET A WILLIAMS OPTICS ZS66 SD APO :laugh: QUALITY !!!!

Rog

good luck with the GPS8 Martin, you will love every min with it , do a tour of the sky in mins . :laugh:

Archived