SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Star Adventurer Proper 1st Light

After a few attempts that have been thwarted by mainly me being a numpty (poor focusing and wrong switch settings, I managed to get out last night for a brief period with my Star Adventurer.

Set up with my D7100 on the Nikon 50mm lens, f 2.5, ISO 800  Initially started with 25 sec exposures but then upped it to 39 sec ones later.  Unfortunately the battery on my camera died, so did not get as much data as I wanted.  In total have 97 x 25s exposures and  21 x 39s.

Have not had a chance to do any post processing work on them yet, but have done a very very quick and nasty histogram stretch in PI on one of the subs and the result (in JPEG format) is below.

Really looking forward to seeing what the stacking and processing throws out at me.  Has been a while since I did anything that I was happy with._DSC4009.thumb.jpg.e053802dac13d8ed2386fc2cf480480d.jpg

Well......who would have thought this was hiding in all that murky nasty LP stuff

59960b7497241_StarAdventurerAlmostThere.thumb.jpg.fe9ebbc6d951c334fa2f1457ffa69fd4.jpg

For my 1st image in a very long time, I am quietly happy with that one.  Still a few things to take away in that it looks like I may need to get my D7100 sensor cleaned as have some blobs on there, but for an image that has no darks or flats in it (yes, I am lazy and will go to the naughty step) I think it has turned out rather well.

As always, open to comments and critique on this.

Thanks for looking

Archived