SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Canon M 6 camera for imaging?

Waldemar

I would like to know if anybody uses a Canon EOS M3 or M6 camera for astro photography.
What are the results and can they be modified?

I wonder about this because it seems an ideal camera in combination with a SW Star Adventurer and a TAK 60 telescope. Would be a very lightweight setup and easy to take on a plane. I realise the pixels are quite small for a little telescope like that, but otherwise it might be interesting.

Appreciating any answer! Thanks in advance!

Hi Waldemar

The deafening silence speaks volumes....

The lack of usb control puts most imagers off.

For longer than 30 seconds exposures you have to be in Bulb, and you'll need a wireless intervalometer to fire it.

For a lightweight setup and multiple 30 second exposures worth thinking about I guess.

Michael

Thank you Michael,

Like you said... obvious silent answer. I changed ideas to a 750D, cheaper also.
I am not a DSRL imager, normally I only use dedicated cameras, but I cannot take all my stuff on an airplane.
Thinking to go as light as possible so I can put things into my cabin luggage and nobody but myself can throw with it...

But things are clear now. Thank you!

Archived