SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My third image, and my best one yet! This is 70x30 seconds of the lagoon nebula, 30 dark frames, no flats or bias.

Image details:

SW 130PDS

Skywatcher EQ5 Pro (no guiding)

Fuji XT-1 (Unmodded)

70x30 seconds, 35 minutes total.

Image taken at Headlands International Dark Sky Park in Michigan. A class 2.5-3 on the bortle scale.

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Littleguy80 said:

Great image! I was observing the Lagoon last night. Really nice to see all the extra details and colour that I couldn't see visually :)

Thanks! A single exposure actually looked a lot like the view through the eyepiece, minus the color of course. :icon_biggrin:

Great image mate! nice colour too.

I turned to capturing lightning bolts since my 3rd image, weather over he has been so bad, actually got some great frames of lightning from the videos i took.

Just shows you there is always something to image > Bit like your motto! but change look to Image :) 

GL with your AP 

Thx Paul

5 hours ago, p14b said:

Great image mate! nice colour too.

I turned to capturing lightning bolts since my 3rd image, weather over he has been so bad, actually got some great frames of lightning from the videos i took.

Just shows you there is always something to image > Bit like your motto! but change look to Image :) 

GL with your AP 

Thx Paul

Thanks a lot! I just about improved everything in my image, more exposure time, dark skies, better processing. Star tools color balance and correction is amazing!

I would love to see the images you took, send a PM.

Hope you get some clear skies!

Archived