ISS wide July 25th

This is a warning NEVER TRUST KIT/SOFTWARE!!!!

I'd been getting ready to do a Cygnus widefield earlier this evening (24th), and seen the ISS pass at just after eleven o clock, checked Heavens above, realised the 00:40 pass was worth capturing, and reset the kit do do a manual capture, and here it is:

iss_170725.thumb.jpg.56e41c9673db33453819a986d86caab0.jpg

Kit: Eos 5D3, Samyang 14mm at f5.6, 170 sec exposure at ISO500 mounted on a Star Adventurer

Lessons to be learnt/remembered. I had been using BYEos whilst preparing for the widefield Cygnus image, and had been doing previews, then disconnected the laptop, and used a remote shutter release for this single exposure.

My camera is ALWAYS set up for full quality RAW+full size jpegs, so when I opened this in photoshop, you can imagine my surprise at a small jpeg only. It looks like BYEos over rides the capture format of the camera when doing previews, and I hadn't checked that before the pass, As I said, lesson learnt, won't happen again...

Huw

Archived