NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Polemaster on a Star Adventurer

daveangie0110

Hi All,

Please help, i have just purchased a Polemaster to be used on my Star Adventurer can anyone with this setup please give me a idiots guide on how to set the polemaster up and get it tracking.

The way i set up my Star Adventurer now, is i do a rough polar alignment then i attach the L bracket then the camera, then i move the camera to roughly where i want to image in the sky, i then do a proper polar aligment, then i fine tune position of my camera, but as you are well aware everytime you adjust the camera position it throws our the polar alignment.

Can some one tell me when setting up the Star Adventurer with the Polemaster should i go straight in and do the polar alignment first then attach my camera then position my camera on what i want to image ? 

Many thanks

I think you're in the wrong forum section. Probably do better in the Discussion-Mounts part?

The Polemaster is just an alignment tool, it doesn't track. I think it would be best, if you can, to load up the mount ready for imaging with the Polemaster attached to the RA housing and pointing in exactly the same direction as the polar axis. 

You say, 'but as you are well aware everytime you adjust the camera position it throws our the polar alignment.' Provided you don't disturb the mount I can't see why this would be true. The camera position has no bearing on the polar alignment.  But perhaps you do mean that it is difficult not to disturb the mount when disturbing the camera?

Olly

Archived