Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27

After around 3 months having no opportunities I finally got out again last Saturday night.  Needed to choose something fairly bright at this time of year so managed 15 x 200 second subs that were usable.  Every one I took before midnight had too much sky-glow.  Stacked in DSS.

John

M27_17_06_17.jpg

So which scope and which mount and which camera/filters you used for this image?

Nicely done, not sure if i prefer it like this with the green color or with the blue color of other images, but still nice, well done!

1 hour ago, TareqPhoto said:

So which scope and which mount and which camera/filters you used for this image?

Nicely done, not sure if i prefer it like this with the green color or with the blue color of other images, but still nice, well done!

Thanks.  

Canon 1200D modded, Skywatcher 200p scope, NEQ6 mount, guided using PHD through ASI120mc.  CLS light pollution filter.

M27 was my first-ever deep sky image last year and came out more blue without the CLS filter.  Although looking back at it I can see the focus was out - I didn't have a Bahtinov mask then.  Old image uploaded for comparison.

M27_old.jpg

Archived