Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ6 Wedge ordered

SteveA

After much deliberation I've finally ordered a Vimech  EQ6 Wedge from Modern Astronomy.

I know it's not cheap but I've finally given up trying to maintain a decent PA with my permanently mounted Quattro. Despite continuously checking alignment it always seemed to lose alignment.

As Bernard was advertising these with a bit of a discount I decided to go for it. Looks like I was just in time as they are back to full price this afternoon?

Steve

Did this mod to my NEQ6 a few months ago; very well worthwhile imho, a great modification and very easy to do; even for my non-existent engineering skills (but probably only cos I followed Bernard's video on YouTube, particularly the hairdryer trick to get the covers off). You won't look back!

I also did this mod a month or two back. Expensive for what it is, but obviously this is not a mass-market item.

It is rock solid, well engineered, and beautifully machined. Very pleased with it.

3 hours ago, Gazabone said:

Did this mod to my NEQ6 a few months ago; very well worthwhile imho, a great modification and very easy to do; even for my non-existent engineering skills (but probably only cos I followed Bernard's video on YouTube, particularly the hairdryer trick to get the covers off). You won't look back!

Is that Dion's Astronomy Shed Video? I've watched that a couple of times and the installation does look pretty straight forward, though in my normal fashion I'm sure I'll find some way of making it more complex?

Good old Dion, he's done some terrific videos over the years, though I did hear that he seems to have given up on astronomy? Not sure if there is any truth in that and TBH I think that would be a real shame.

Steve

The EQ6 Wedge turned up yesterday afternoon...a super speedy delivery from Bern...thanks

Just had time to have a quick look in the box and make sure all was okay. Wow...what a very impressive piece of machining this is, looks very impressive especially with the new Axiom-Astro branding engraved on the base of the wedge. I'm probably going to be doing a bit of a strip down on the mount and check the tension on the belt drives as I've seen the return of the dreaded backlash recently, so it may be a week or so before I get the wedge fitted...

Steve

Archived