Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rather glad I didn't do this

EA2007

Hey kids.

About 10 mins ago it was a gloriously clear and crisp night, but what do we have now..............rain! So kinda glad I didn't set my scope up...

Thanks to global warming, George Bush and Bruce Forsythe were all getting bad weather....yay, not!

What happened to the good old days of summer being sunny and winter being...well like winter.

They should do astronomy holidays to the Moon, no atmosphere, brilliant observing me thinks!!

Yeh, we have heavy rain too.

Maybe the cost of a Moon Holiday would be dearer than buying a mountain range in Chile and having an obs up there?

Or, perhaps we could all club together our air miles? Or then, I heard today on radio 2 that there is enough steel tins (baked bean type) in Britain to reach to the moon THREE times. You know what that means? We have enough to build a ladder!

:)

TJ

Yeh, we have heavy rain too.

Maybe the cost of a Moon Holiday would be dearer than buying a mountain range in Chile and having an obs up there?

Or, perhaps we could all club together our air miles? Or then, I heard today on radio 2 that there is enough steel tins (baked bean type) in Britain to reach to the moon THREE times. You know what that means? We have enough to build a ladder!

:)

TJ

I'd hate to be the poor sod that has to weld them together - imagine how long that would take....... is there an electric hookup on the moon? (hope they use the same plugs).

In my first job I remember two of the members of the kitchen dept. were talking about how many cheese slices were needed to reach the moon. I think they had an answer but I don't know.

Now if anyone wants to take up this challenge then I assume it would require doing the following:

-Knowing the depth of a cheese slice (I assume the average dariylea slice to be about 4mm's)

-Getting the distance to the moon in miles

-Knowing the number of slices that can fit in a mile

-Dividing the number by the amount of mice that will eat the cheese

-Times the whole lot by a factor whereby mice aren't an issue

Ha ha.

Archived