Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion Atlas EQ-G/Synscan V4 Help Needed

Greetings~

Recently purchased an Explore Scientific AR152 Refractor and an Orion Atlas EQ-G Mount to handle the weight issues.
So currently trying to understand how to use the mount and Synscan V4 handcontroller.  Need assistance since I have
yet to view anything due to alignment issues.  Also possess the following for the scope :
Meade 5000 82 degree eyepieces 8.8, 14, and 20 plus a 2X Barlow from Astrotech.  Have replaced stock ES finderscope
with an Orion 9 X 50 Clear View Finderscope.  Below are my questions:

1. Does anyone have a clearer or more concise directions for doing alignment- manual is a little challenging?
2. When I put the scope in the Park position after having a Failed alignment it does not return to the initial starting position?
I have the scope and mount leveled and pointed approximately north.  So when parked it is pointed slightly right of original position started?
3.  Trying to do one star alignment or 3 star and when I point to say Procyon - I let it skew and it actually will point in the opposite direction by 180 degrees?
4. Is there a way to add other stars to the V4 such as Arcturus?  The list does not include this in the stars to use for alignment.

So wrestling with just getting aligned is the final statement to make?   Any assistance is appreciated for this novice beginner.

TC

Archived