NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A quality short session

Fypunky

Last night (26/5/17) my daughter and myself joined some the lads from the Blackpool and District Astronomy Society for an observing session they had planned.

This was our first observing session from a decent site without light pol and we were both really looking forward to it however upon setting up the hand controller started to glitch so aligning created a headache but we got there.

ISS was our first target as it passed over twice in the twilight using our bins, Jupiter also glowing was viewed for sometime until darkness came and the astonishing sight of stars which we do not get the chance to see at home was simply amazing.

M13 was high on my list, I wanted to resolve the stars and sure enough upon setting eyes on it, it was as good as thought it would be!

Next was the Ring Nebula, again this is a major struggle to even see it at home but clear as clear can be it was there in full glory, by this point I was starting to really enjoy the night and the company from the Society talking not just about stars but other things as well. Olivia my daughter by now was tired plus I had work today so we decided to call it a night and set off home.

Although not many targets the ones I viewed and spent a lot of time on really made it a cracking night along with the company, cheers BADAS.

M13 was still a fuzz in my scope, a chap from the society had a serious bit of kit and I viewed it through his. Having tasted a dark site cant wait now for clear skies and no moon to observe again.

Archived