Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NexStar Evolution 9.25 HC Bracket

I didn't like the tripod leg HC bracket since the cord would wrap around the mount as it rotated. The 9.25 HC bracket was too big to clip to the mount handle, and go around with the mount, so I found this simple bracket on the Starzonia site. They ship to the UK so got one and it works a treat! No more wrapped cables.

IMG_1928_zpsjvzaukca.jpg

IMG_1929_zpscdeajuif.jpg

IMG_1930_zpsxatsmaki.jpg

I just clip my normal HC in exactly the same place. Just put it on from the side and twist  to the front as show.  Then use AUX1 and AUX2 for HC and Starsense camera. This route to freedom from cord wrap is cost free. However, I believe the 9.25 Tripod is larger, so this is only a solution for Evolution's 6 & 8 out of the box.  But maybe your dealer can supply the Evo 8's smaller bracket HC cradle?

Note here that I polar align with a Nextstar + HC then reboot with Starsense for the final Auto-Align.  This gets round the current Starsense on a wedge 'bug'. Using AUX2 for the HC makes the swap over of the HC's especially easy. Note too how I have replaced the ridiculously long Starsense camera cable with a short coiled version.

n.IMG_0661.JPG.6ba71c554fdbaa9f17552284ea4be3cb.JPG

The Evo 9.25 tripod is much larger than the Evo 6/8 tripod. I'd seen your solution before and tried it, but the 9.25 HC bracket is too large (the tripod legs are larger diameter) so its a sloppy fit on the handle. I believe this one is 3D printed, and the designer has put the drawings on the web, so if you have a 3D printer you can make at home! I also have a wedge and Starsense but not used them yet. I know about the bug so I'll be following your method!

Archived