NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 7th May 2017

dweller25

Hi David,

Nice sketch !

This was last night presumably ? - I'm observing Jupiter tonight with my 130mm but the GRS is not on the disk yet.

Edit: Doh ! - didn't read the title of the post accurately :rolleyes2:

Sorry for the dumb question !

Very nice sketch anyway !

Thats the same view i had last night Dave, with knotts on the NEB but no obvious festoons dropping from them. You've caught some nice detail inside the GRS despite the poor seeing. :thumbsup:  After half an hour I gave up due to the poor seeing. There were tantalising moments but I knew I tried to sketch it I'd just get frustrated. 

Mike

14 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

Thats the same view i had last night Dave, with knotts on the NEB but no obvious festoons dropping from them. You've caught some nice detail inside the GRS despite the poor seeing. :thumbsup:  After half an hour I gave up due to the poor seeing. There were tantalising moments but I knew I tried to sketch it I'd just get frustrated. 

Mike

Thanks chaps

Mike - sadly the GRS detail is a drawing artifact - the seeing was too poor for anything more than the bigger features

22 minutes ago, dweller25 said:

Thanks chaps

Mike - sadly the GRS detail is a drawing artifact - the seeing was too poor for anything more than the bigger features

That's a pretty accurate artefact Dave, it virtually identical to the view of the GRS I had on the 5th. :icon_biggrin:

Mike

2017-05-09 13.21.23.jpg

2017-05-09 13.26.29.jpg

Archived