NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DMK *HELP FOR TONIGHT*

You are not supposed to allow windows to install the driver, so hopefully you still have a question mark against the camera in device manager. Run the Imaging Source CD and install the driver and the software. Then your cam will work.

If you still have trouble after installing these, try a different USB port.

Andy

where is device manager?

i went to the hardware installer, and there was a ? against the camera, but it still saids "that it can't find the software!"....

tried all 3 usb ports now....

getting annoyed, surely it should be very simple??

any more advice please?

If you still have problems, uninstall anything to do with the camera. If the install has failed, the device manager may show the camera under other device. Delete that. switch off your computer, and connect the camera to a USB port. Start your machine, then put the CD in the drive. there will be the option on screen to install the driver. Click on install driver. restart the machine, then install the Capture software. You may be asked for the serial number to proceed.

That is the routine when I installed mine last week.

Ron.

where is device manager?

Right click on My Computer and select properties. Then go to the hardware tab. It's in there. Don't use hardware installer, it won't install it correctly. Delete the camera in device manager, disconnect it and install the driver and software from the CD as Ron says.

Andy

Archived