Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Android Guiding App?

Pinpoint

There is StarsPI that runs on Android devices and connects to a Raspberry PI for guiding. I can't advise how well it works as I couldn't get it to work and instead used Lin_Guider on its own on a PI.

SkySafari5 will perform WiFi control of telescopes / software that supports it. Available for both IOS and Android. I know that Sequence Generator Pro will support SkySafari. I am not sure about direct connection to the telescope, I guess you would need a WiFi enabled scope.

If you want to go old school, then SkyEye supports PushTo. You attach the camera to the scope, tell it where it is pointed, and then it shows you the direction to push the scope to get to where you want to go, ideal if you do not have GoTo.,

On 2017-04-05 at 18:29, bobro said:

There is StarsPI that runs on Android devices and connects to a Raspberry PI for guiding. I can't advise how well it works as I couldn't get it to work and instead used Lin_Guider on its own on a PI.

Me too. Until I discovered that PHD2 on RPi works even better. You can use a tablet to connect to the Raspberry Pi.

Archived