NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

william optics zenithstar 70

hi all, I've noticed that WO have come out (recently) with a zenithstar 70 :( - it looks just like the megrez 72 but retails about £30 cheaper. Anyone seen / used one or know how it is different from the 72 (apart from 2mm less aperture? :) ). Why would WO bring out another scope so similar?

A cursory search suggests that Ian King is currently the only UK stockist. Might FLO be getting some in and at what price?

Many thanks :clouds1:

William Optics do make some wonderful gear but their refractor product line has got somewhat confusing of late I find :)

Do they have a coherant product development strategy ?

It's almost got to the point where you daren't buy one in case another slightly better package is just around the corner !.

John

thanks guys. I get confused if there's a white one and a blue one.... :(

I guess they're trying to cover all the possible options so if you want a particular size WO can always meet it. Perhaps they're also "brand stretching", ie leveraging off their known quality to sell a range of lesser quality.. :) ? (think bmw and their 1 series - apologies to anyone who's got one...)

Archived