NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SpaceX reflight tonight

Pondus

Watched it live along with 25,000+ other on You Tube channel, amazing experience. To think we can watch the entire launch from start to finish in high quality video, either on the Stage 1, Stage 2 or the landing platform.

The landing platform camera  blanked out so we did not see the Stage 1 landing but after a few minutes it was just sitting there albeit a little scorched! Will see if there is other footage now available.

What also amused me were the 'likes' on the video going up in large blocks in real time, don't often see that on You Tube.

Well done Space X

:hello2:

1 hour ago, Pondus said:

Also Nice to see the interview, shortly after the landing, With Elon Musk (tony stark?) :smiley:

Yes he sounded quite emotional. Almost a release after all of the near failures the company has been through over the years, exciting times.

I watched a recording of the launch this morning. It was awe inspiring and an incredible feat to reuse a rocket. The coverage from Space X was excellent with lots of great technical information about the mission with no dumbing down. The presenters all seemed to have other jobs in the Space X organisation. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will try to keep an eye out for the next event.

The interview with Elon Musk was interesting, for me, not for what he said but to try and work out what sort of person he is. He didn't have any smooth media edges and he didn't come across as a genius but he must have something to create the fortune he did and now to use it in the way he is doing. Very impressive.

Archived