SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PHD woes!

In a past life, I used Maxim with SXV camera plus guide head with no real issues.

After a long-ish break I am getting roped back into imaging (I know, I know) with a different set-up.

I currently have the following - EQ5 Synscan + QHY5P-11c + QHY 130mm guidescope + SXV M8c for main imaging.

I have tried over three (wasted) nights to get Maxim guiding via Ascom with the relevant QHY driver for guiding.

The camera is recognised and will take images and there are stars available. After increasing the gain, last night I even managed to get it to calibrate ok, but it would not guide - simply logging ERR on both axes repeatedly!

Today I downloaded both PHD 1 and 2 but cannot make either talk sense. I can connect the camera as just a 'QHY5-11' as the only option and the mount connects ok through ASCOM. When I try to take a dark frame PHD just hangs and says 'programme not responding' without any alternative. PHD2 has the Dark Frame library capacity except it hangs for a while and then 'times out' saying it has failed to take a 1s dark frame for 15s and gives up.

Have any of you gents any ideas please?

Many thanks

Archived