SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

last night i saw wanderful views of jupiter and his moons. Jupiter had nice details. i used barlow and 6mm WA planet plossl.. But, how can I image that what i saw? i have one adaprer for eyepiece imageing, but i cant put this WA plosl in it because it is wider than adapter, also,how to put barlow in adapter-it has also wider part that cant go in it... could be possible to take part of barlow (lens) and put it on eyepiece?? and what about this wider eyepieces-are rherw wider 1.25 adapters or i have to buy smaller eyepiece that fits.. i have 10mm eyepiece,but magnification is smaller. But- maybe it is enough for imaging, so i can digitaly zoom after???

thank you all for your help!!

Something does not sound right, what is the scope? Any chance of an image of it.

Ask as I would have expected everything to be a 1.25" fitting. Not making anything other then 1.25" means that it is almost unusable so no market for the producer to sell to.

Also a bit more on the intended imaging method could be useful, I get the idea that you intend what is called "afocal" imaging where there is the scope > eyepiece > camera (of some sort). Useful to know. THe normal method id no eyepiece and a modified webcam (no lens). You actually take a short movie and then identify the best single frame and stack say the best 200 frames that match this "good" frame. You end up with a composite of the best 200 frames all stacked on one another.

scope is stsr discovery 150p (newtobian with 1.25 focuser)... all parts are 1.25... yes,idea was scope,eyepiece,dslr camera... but wa planetary plossl is wider then adapter..it cannot fit in it...10mm can go in it...

If youre using a DSLR camera, are you trying to hold it to the focus point of the eye piece? Using a DSLR you don't need an eyepiece, as effectively that's what the camera is, you just need the appropriate T ring adapter for your camera (that's just an easy Google with your camera model, mines a canon and i believe they all use a T2 adapter but i may be wrong on that one, best to check!). You just screw into your telescope and it attaches to your DSLR instead of your camera lens.

Alex :)

Archived