Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first EVER attempt at imaging Jupiter! 24/03/2017

Jupiter, My favorite planet, the first object I ever looked at through a telescope. Now it's in a perfect time to be photographed. I have recently gotten into astrophotography. You guys really liked my Moon and Venus images so Jupiter was next in line for me.

I started off the session by experimenting with different exposures. 1/700 sec to 1/600 sec worked out for my telescope the best. Each picture is 2000 frames and was stacked and processed in Registax 6.1.

As always, I love to hear your opinions on the images, and most importantly how I can improve. I listened to your advice for Venus and my images improved drastically! So hopefully the same can happen with Jupiter.

Thank you and clear skies!

Adam

jupiter 6 pro.jpg

jupiter 5 pro.jpg

jupiter 7 pro.jpg

jupiter 9 pro.jpg

A nice start to your Jupiter imaging, showing some decent detail as well.

I am correct in thinking you are using the Neximage camera? I don't know much about it, but it looke like you could definitely do with increasing the image scale. Are you using a Barlow or at the native telescope Focal length?

2 hours ago, bunnygod1 said:

A nice start to your Jupiter imaging, showing some decent detail as well.

I am correct in thinking you are using the Neximage camera? I don't know much about it, but it looke like you could definitely do with increasing the image scale. Are you using a Barlow or at the native telescope Focal length?

Thanks Bunnygod, I'm using the native focal length. There is an option to zoom in on the object in iCap 2.4 so I might try that. I should keep the exposure in the same range as it works very well.

Archived