Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What have i done wrong please.

MARS1960

You say the camera is modded, right?

If this is also how it looks in single frames prior to stacking, and also with a different scope/lens, i'd say sensor is probably not adjusted up properly (one side have different distance from the focus point  then the other). If it possible when it was modded that the sensor adjustment screws were touched?

7 hours ago, Jannis said:

You say the camera is modded, right?

If this is also how it looks in single frames prior to stacking, and also with a different scope/lens, i'd say sensor is probably not adjusted up properly (one side have different distance from the focus point  then the other). If it possible when it was modded that the sensor adjustment screws were touched?

Thanks Jannis, i have checked single subs and it's the same story.

I can only assume it's the lens,  using the camera at prime with my scopes  stars look the same across the field.

However i did double check everything and it's imaging again now, fingers  crossed for better results.

Thanks.

I posted on the old thread by mistake.

Focus using a star located at the intersection of the 1/3 lines. (Lines parallel with the chip sides and a third of the way to the opposite side.) These intersections will give you the best average focus across the chip. It does look like tilt, I must say.

I don't think using the camera in a scope tells you much. The slower F ratio gives a far greater depth of field which will mask a tilted chip.

Olly

Archived