Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hey first time in about a year i`ve finally seen it

Carl

Hey i`ve finally seen the light..........

well Jupiter to be more precise lol i just bout 5 mins ago thought i`d have a lookski out of the window and it was quite clear and saw Jupiter just peeping over the houses and without hesitating i grabbed me telescope and had a look for him/her/it and used the 20mm e/p and my god i forgot the thrill you get from astronomy, i saw Jupiter just as a bright whitecircle no detail And i saw the moon i think they are from SNB Callisto Europa and i think Io and Ganymede but deffo Callisto and Europa i just have fallen in love with this hobby again :hello2: .Try imagingthem but couldn't

i am gonna get me some cider in a min to calm down lol just so pumped up after seeing it, it`s no the detail that matters to me it`s the fact that i know what i saw was Jupiter the biggest planet in the solar system and it`s moons.though i am gutted that i didn`t see any detail cause europas shadow`s on Jupiter right now.Ah well i`m glad off what i saw just a nice dark blackground with the moon and Jupiter, right i gotta stop talking now lol. :p :p :p :p :p:D :D :D :D :D :D :clouds1::lol: :lol: :D :D :) :) :):p :p

Oh yer is cloudy now so just saw J in time with all 3 e/ps so i`m a happy chappy lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Jupiter a few nights ago and saw the same thing as you, a yellow disc with bout 3 or 4 moons. What telescope and eyepieces did you use because if its similar to mine then Jupiter is to low in the horizon to see great detail. It may even be the best you'll get this year.

stick with it carl, my first view was same as yours but about 2 month back. and it was mainly a pale disc with hardly any detail but i stuck with it and the next view i got i could see two cloud bands, quite faint but defo there.

gets easier as you see it more, plus as mentioned above it's current position doesn't help in the detail stakes.

Archived