SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Attempts with stacking

Echo cuivenion's comments, impressive with a smartphone. The great thing is that this is teaching you the stacking techniques which you will need to take great shots in future. I did the same with my canon DSLR just on a basic camera tripod and imaged a couple of constellations. Once you get into connecting your camera to the scope, those skills really help and there are some great images taken on this site with no tracking. Good luck!

5 hours ago, RSM said:

Echo cuivenion's comments, impressive with a smartphone. The great thing is that this is teaching you the stacking techniques which you will need to take great shots in future. I did the same with my canon DSLR just on a basic camera tripod and imaged a couple of constellations. Once you get into connecting your camera to the scope, those skills really help and there are some great images taken on this site with no tracking. Good luck!

Thanks! Until then I should try taking more than ten frames and see what I can do.

Hi, that was my method, keep trying, take more images and stack then try to learn what works and what doesn't. 

Once I bought a tracking mount, I was getting good results from 15 - 30 second subs stacked, now I guide and am up to 10 mins but the images with lots of short subs still look good for the bright targets like M42. 

4 hours ago, RSM said:

Hi, that was my method, keep trying, take more images and stack then try to learn what works and what doesn't. 

Once I bought a tracking mount, I was getting good results from 15 - 30 second subs stacked, now I guide and am up to 10 mins but the images with lots of short subs still look good for the bright targets like M42. 

One step at a time I suppose :D

Archived