NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astrophotography with a Canon 5d?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

This you could look at playing with now with what you have and a wider field lens (your 50mm f1.4 would be good), an example from another member.

link

600/50= 12 so try 10 seconds exposure for no star trails and longger to have star trails

Thank you, that looked good! I'll have a go at 10 seconds :)

But to create the image with the great swirl around Polaris that is all the images taken and combined using either starstax or startrails I would think. Have a play all we need is a clear night! Experiment, depending where you point can either lengthen or shorten exposure length before star trails show in a single image. An intervalometer is really handy.

I use a Canon EOS760D with a Samyang 14mm f2.8 lens. I put it on a heavy duty tripod and use an intervalometer. 

My next purchase is a Skywatcher Star Adventurer and a 66ED refractor. 

As I don't have loads of money for the hobby this will be my limit for many years but I'll still be able to get some good shots. 

Im really impressed with the Samyang lens. 

Archived