Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Samsung S7 Edge

Pippaki

Hi All, I would like to know if it is possible to attach my mobile phone, S7 edge, to take pictures through my telescope? There are two reasons:

1. I tried to take pictures through the telescope by holding the phone to the lens which is possible but very frustrating.

2. I would like my daughter and my parents to see things through the telescope but they have struggled to see anything. I think, if it kind of displays on the phone screen it would be much nicer. 

I have seen these CamKix lens kits and they have these phone cases to which a lens can be attached to but they seem smaller than standard telescope lenses?

I would really appreciate some help with this.

And, I also want to do a time laps video, ideally with my phone and would welcome any suggestions. 

The telescope I have is a Skywatcher Heritage 130p.

Thanks.

Hi Pippaki and welcome to SGL.  :hello2:

In answer to your first question there are brackets to attach mobile phones to telescopes/eyepieces. If you are free next Friday or Saturday (10/11th Feb) there is AstroFest at Kensington town hall. I am sure one of the dealers may have something suitable.

As for time-lapse photography I do not know. All I can suggest is to try it. If it does work than share your experiences with us all.

Clear skies.

Archived