Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

tablet suitable for Skeye app advice please

Hello all,am looking for advice on which tablets would be suitable for using the Skeye app so that i can mount on my Orion XT Dobsonian to help me with finding my way around,looking for a tablet because i purchased a smartphone,which i needed anyway,but it doesnt have a magnetometer etc. to enable any worthwhile use of the app. so a small tablet is my thinking as i can use for other stuff also.Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Whatever tablet you buy if you mount it on your scope it might be affected by magnetic interference from the scope tube and other components. Most phones and tablets I have put near telescopes have suffered from this so your accuracy decreases. Could be more of a hindrance than an asset. One possibility is to retro fit encoders and a push to computer, maybe the one Orion use on their XTI dobs?

Archived