Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

This has been my first proper go at widefield - with an hr of exposure. This was purely processed in Pixinsight as I have a trial license. However, I am not sure what these ragged lines are on the front (it becomes very apparent when you do a strectch). They only appeared when I used ABE in Pixinsight. Could it be something on the lens? The two things on the side are trees!:icon_biggrin:

Thanks,Seb

integration_ABE.jpg

• 3 months later...

Just reading this thread now. Looks to me like frost lines forming on the front of the lens, along with either dust or possibly dew spots. Did you have a "dew-zapper" or a hand warmer wrapped on the lens? It's pretty much mandatory where I live, and the UK is far more humid in general.

Have you used flats? If you have used t-shirt flats it could be the fabric weave showing through and probably the background was too bright to see it before ABE. Give your master flat a stretch to see if anything is showing there.

Graham

Archived