NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heq5 pro mount on a steel plate

astroban

Hi

I was wondering is it possible to remove the mount from the tripod legs of a Heq5 mount and fix to a home made pier? ( steel tube with flat plate on top), if so how would you attach it? Would it bolt on ??

Would like option of using the tripod or fixed pier (once I can get the location agreed)

I know you can buy a pier for it but I have access to various sizes of steel tube and welders. Not sure of connection details.

James

Hi James,

I think the Heq5pro tripod top is similar to the EQ6pr tripod (which I have) .

Although I cant find the site I have seen a photo where someone has detached the leg mountings from the tripod top ( remove the 3 bolts) and then made a flat top pier .

The pier top plate had 3 lugs welded on to it which fit into the lugs on the EQ6 tripod top mount plate - bolts are then inserted and tightened.

In addition a central hole drilled in the pier top plate allows a bolt to be put through from under the top plate and mate with

the thread in the base of the EQ6 mount.

Another interesting option I was was a plywood mount playe - take a look at http://www.rigorigo.dk/obs-2.jpg

Rgds Phil

Archived