NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

m42 core with StarTools

alacant

Hi everyone. Having failed to get any sort of detail in gimp, I thought I'd share this StarTools process of orion. With the HDR reveal dso core  and layer blend modules, it's much easier. I think that with a little more fiddling with the layers I may even have the trapezium somewhere. Nothing special: canon 700d with 60s and 120s snaps at ISO 800. So, even if it looks blown away, don't give up! Cheers and have a great clear sky 2017.

I'm planning on trying this with data I captured last week, but will have to wait until I get back home. I've got about half an hour each of 2s and 10s subs, and 1-1/2hr of 30s subs. A lot of gradients to deal with though as there was a lot of water in the air.

A workflow can be found here http://forum.startools.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=247

Ian

1 hour ago, The Admiral said:

2s and 10s subs

Hi. Yeah, I think you're gonna do better. My shortest snap was 60s and it's already overexposed. Thanks for the link. Apart from Ivo's first post, the replies seem to be an attempt to confuse an otherwise simple method! Do post back when you've had a go.

Archived