Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Firecapure short freeze whilst recording

resonator77

Can anyone suggest as to what the reasons are for a short freeze with firecapture during recording with ASI mono and colour cameras?

There have been a number of occasions when the image on the laptop screen froze for just a few seconds whilst recording. My set up as follows: Laptop windows 10, 4 GB RAM, 500HDD, 4 core processor. Camera ZWO 120 MM-S and ASI224.

It may be the case that the setting are wrong on my firecapture for lunar and planetary imaging.

Silly questions for a person with over 6 years of imaging experience but it is better if I just ask, does firecapture switch default color and mono or I have to manually switch debayer for ASI224?

Any idea is greatly appreciated.

I've not used firecapture for a while, is the camera plugged into a USB3 port?  Is there anything else using the USB bus?

Anything else running in the background that could be stealing system resources from the capture software?

Do you have any automatic settings on such as auto exposure or gain?  If the software changes these it could cause a freeze whilst any frames in the buffer are discarded.

So far as I remember it automatically detects cameras with a CFA.

Hi D4n

I do not use anything else during imaging. It is plugged into usb3 port. Firecaputure is in manual mode. 

Quite baffling, you think you doing it right but something is set/going wrong for a recording to freeze. Very annoying is the fact that the target is drifting off the chip in just few second at high magnification.

AV software?  I found that it could interfere with image capture as it took "downloading" as meaning something it had to intercept and check.  The only other things I can think of is that Firecapture has a "USB rate or boost??" setting (Sorry I can't remember exactly what its called!) that may need tweaking to help you.  If using a colour camera it can be helpful to have debayer off during capture.

2 hours ago, Bizibilder said:

AV software?  I found that it could interfere with image capture as it took "downloading" as meaning something it had to intercept and check.  The only other things I can think of is that Firecapture has a "USB rate or boost??" setting (Sorry I can't remember exactly what its called!) that may need tweaking to help you.  If using a colour camera it can be helpful to have debayer off during capture.

Thank you Roger,

Sounds like issues  that could check. Does the image appear in colour whilst using OSC(colour camera) on firecapture? it is b&w when I focus and record.

Archived