Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

9 mm TS planitary Eyepiece

This eyepiece was purchased to replace a good plossl of similar focal length in the hope of more comfortable eye relief and a wider field which makes locating objects easier.

The quality of construction is very high. I was truly surprised at the obvious quality of such a cheap eyepiece. There are lovely green multi coatings all around and everything is anodised metal of very solid feel. There are no rough edges in the construction or ragged outer fields when looking into the eyepiece.

This eyepiece has wonderfully crisp and clean views with no obvious distortions across a 60 degree field. I have not found any problems in any of telescopes and the field is so wide that I often find objects with this eyepiece (at about 130x mag) without changing to a lower power first.

The eye relief is not to short and not too long and there are no blackouts whatsoever.

At 49 pounds this is a absolute bargain and I unreservedly endorse it. It is a fabulous eyepiece!

LUKe

Luke

Sounds like a solid, well built eye piece with reasonable eye relief.

I was going to buy this eyepiece which was endorsed by a fellow SGL member but a 8mm Hyperion came up for grabs on here so I grabbed it.

The TS sounds like it is smaller and maybe easier to manage than the Hyperion.

Paul

It is good and has much smaller dimensions than the Hyperion but it has a smaller field (still wide though!) and doesn't have all the photography options of the Hyperion. I don't ever need it for photography however so for me it's not an issue. :D

Thanks for the review :D

I tried the 4mm and 5mm versions of these and found them very good as well - with the exception of the field of view, they compared well to my 4.8mm Nagler and were just as sharp.

A bargain indeed at just under £50 apiece :D

John

Archived