SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 6946 - mono, so no "fireworks"

Parallax

I had a bit of trouble finding this one, even with Goto. I had only done a 2 star align (Vega & Deneb), but the Goto managed to put M57 on to the chip. So I did a Goto to 6946. Not a sign of it. Did a bit of searching with the hand controller but couldn't find it so did another Goto and the scope slewed 'right about' (maybe the object had crossed the meridian - don't know) but it still wasn't on the chip. So, in the hope that I would be able to see it, I plonked in an eyepiece and there it was, just towards the edge of the 25mm ep. I'm obviously expecting a bit too much of the Goto, but to be fair, and with only a 2 star align, it is doing it's best.

Anyway, I've rambled enough. 4x5min subs, Explorer 200, Atik16ic-s, guided with ST80, webcam & PHD, stacked in DSS, levels with CS2.

I'm still 'playing' with the camera at the moment, to get a feel for what is possible, and so far I'm impressed.

Steve

post-14051-1338773445_thumb.jpg

Archived