Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Crayford to SCT adaptor plea

Wyvern

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a company / individual who can manufacture "one off" adaptors?  I treated my elderly, but perfectly functioning 10" Meade SCT to a Crayford mount that was "supposed" to be for "all SCT's". It's possible the age of mine (a model 2120 at least 16+ yrs old ), is the root cause of the fact that the Crayford didn't mate up with anything, although looking closer at the supplied info, it seems to be for 80-90 mm refractors and for "SCT's".  The Crayford is a very nice construct, and on the basis of having to get an adaptor to mate it to my SCT, I have negotiated a significant price refund, so am loath to simply return it to supplier.

The specs I have for the "adaptor" are -  Adaptor length 52mm in total with exterior (male) thread M94.5x1 mm (threaded for approx 10mm depth), and an interior (female) thread at the other end of the adaptor which would be the "standard" 2" visual back SCT thread. (also approx 10mm in depth). 
The visual back does seem "standard" for SCT's as I purchased an Antares f 6.3 focal reducer for it some years ago and this fitted the visual back no problem.

I have contacted Modern Astronomy and Astroparts to see if they could help but have received no reply from either.

Anyone out there in Stargazers Lounge land offer any suggestions on who to contact?

Many thanks,  Les

STRIKE THAT.............         Brian from Astroparts quoted back and looks to be getting the job!    One happy SCT owner.

Archived