Heads up - Televue 20% sale

Davesellars

4 hours ago, niallk said:

I've an ES20 100°, and in my f/4.5 scope, it exhibits significant false colour and distortion and in the outer ~10° annulus of the tfov (with/without Paracorr2).  On some targets like Jupiter and the moon it is very noticeable indeed, whereas on DSOs not so much, naturally.

I dont have a 21E to compare against, but I don't see this image degradation effect in the Ethos EPs I do own.

Not even going to attempt to say whether something is worth it or not, just reporting honestly what I see :)

Your observing descriptions are certainly among those I count on:thumbsup:
IIRC, some time ago,  you asked the lateral color question about 21E with your 20ES findings, not a single staight answer to your question, what's your conclusion of that?

PS. Your sig seems to need a minor update

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, YKSE said:

Your observing descriptions are certainly among those I count on:thumbsup:
IIRC, some time ago,  you asked the lateral color question about 21E with your 20ES findings, not a single staight answer to your question, what's your conclusion of that?

PS. Your sig seems to need a minor update

Hi YKSE, you have a great memory ;) Yes - I'm wondering if perhaps my particular ES20 unit exhibits a little bit more distortion near the edges than average. Many people here, in whose experience and opinion I have huge respect and trust, put the ES20 very close to the 21E.

As I said, just reporting what I see - no bias: I will also report any issues with the Tele Vues if I come across any.  Nothing to mention as of yet; initially I had to consciously adjust the position my eye to see the tfov without blackouts, but it has become more second nature now with use - I was a little worried at first light though.

All the best,

-Niall

Thanks Niall. It's my way of reading reviews, with some basic understanding how different EP works, then try to see the red thread among reviewers. There're many good reveiws (also some over-enthusiastic first light), words chosen by experienced reviewers, questions answered or not answered, all contributes to the red-thread, and helping me improve my understanding of optics.:smiley:

Yes, the initial eye-placement difficulty is something I have been expecting for many with UWA or wider EPs, that's what I have snapped from some comments here and there (e.g. Robin's first experience with 82°ES14).:smiley:

Archived