SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

6v Step-down circuit to drive mount

jonathan

I'm wondering about using a 12V battery with my CG-4 (EQ3-2), and came across this tiny circuit that should be able to supply 6v 2A from a 12v battery, has anyone experience of using these types of step-down circuit?  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POLOLU-2575-2A-6V-Step-Up-Step-Down-Voltage-Regulator-S18V20F6-uk-stock-/191925035657?hash=item2caf9fa289:g:g1EAAOSwtnpXi-A3

Seems like it would be a good idea even for 12v - 12v to have such a circuit in-line, no more sloppy power problems when the battery runs out of volts.

I don't normally run any additional items with the CG-4, but if I did then they would be 12v (e.g. dew heater) and could be run directly from the battery for maximum power.

Thanks, I really like the cool bag idea, otherwise very similar (same battery too, just about) to what I had in mind.  The converter you bought probably just contains the same circuit, the metal casing will be for cooling.

Archived