Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Does anyone want their screen colour calibrated at SGLXII?

Jonk

I was thinking, as the weather during SGLXII is likely to be unpredictable, I was thinking of bringing my i1 Display Pro Colorimeter if anyone wanted their screen / laptop doing during the day?

I would need to install some open source software (https://displaycal.net/) and the process can take 30 minutes for a basic calibration, or 4 or even 8 hours for the full shebang. It would also need a USB port.

Ideally, the display or OS needs to be able to adjust RGB and brightness values as the 1st step, not always easy on a laptop.

Installing the software will add a startup for profile loading, so when the laptop / pc is started, it loads the colour profile that was created by the software.

I would imagine that this is for Windows only - I've used it at home on 3 screens via Windows 7 so I haven't tested any other OS, although the website says it's for Windows XP onwards, Mac OSX 10.5 onwards  and Linux.

Obviously I can't ask for payment for this, however any tips would be gratefully received (yes I know I shouldn't eat yellow snow...heard them all before!).

If anyone's interested in a basic calibration, up to 2 hours, I can do 1st come first served, but not all day every day. I'll be there from Friday evening for 7 nights. To save some time, you could download and install displaycal in advance, then it should be plug and play.

Archived