NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Preprocessing colour day lit moon in Pipp

johnfosteruk

Evening all, does anyone do this (Charl maybe???)

I'm being thick and struggling to get my head around it. 

What I wants is to use Pipp to crop, stretch and align my day lit Moon frames. Much like I do with my night time Lunar and my Solar. The difference of course being that I want to retain the colour.

However if I don't choose to debayer the frames the resulting frames are a noisy mess for some reason. 

I can't work out the right combination of settings for it, I'm sure I've done it before.

Any takers???

If you want to keep the colour, make sure this option is not checked:
Processing Options Tab->Monochrome Conversion->Convert Colour To Monochrome

This should then produce colour output data ready for stacking.

Cheers,
Chris

Yes you can.  You want to have debayering enabled to convert the data from 'monochrome with bayer pattern' to colour.  Then, obviously, you need to make sure you do not convert the colour data to monochrome.

Another approach is to not debayer the raw data and allow the stacking program to do this.  In this case you would disable the debayer option, but enable this option:
Input Options->Colour Debayer->Protect Bayer Pattern When Centring/Cropping
This will ensure the bayer pattern remains intact when the frames are shifted and cropped and the stacking program can debayer the data.

Archived