Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Intervalometer for DSLR arrived today

One of these, well almost.

http://tinyurl.com/68zgbf

Mine was the D70 version, but its generally the same.

Takes two standard camera batteries at once to double the shooting capability of the camera, or 6 AA sized rechargeable or alkaline batteries. You can set the thing to take up to 99 bulb shots up to 99 hours and just walk away from it. Sounds perfect for astro stuff. Also, it adds a second shutter release button for portrait flavoured snaps.

It hardly weighs anything, so its only the extra weight of the second battery plus some plastic.

I had a play with it as seen here (warning very large 26MB download!!!) where I nicked one of the kid's ice lollies and pointed the camera at it as it melted. I downsized the images to 25% size, but the avi is still massive. This was done at one frame every 30 seconds. www.gas.uk.net/images/lolly3.avi

The instructions (laughable, but you get there in the end, eventually) say that it only works in bulb, but I had it set to 1 second exposures on the wotsit and 1/500th on the camera and it worked. I suspect that it "holds the button down" for a second, but that makes no difference if a slow shutter speed is set.

I hope to point it up at some dark soon, but its been pants for ever here.

Currently I have been using the shoestring USB control along with DSLR shutter from Stark Labs, but this seems much more convenient and has fewer wires to fall over.

Kaptain Klevtsov

sounds good have you hear of the 'TCN803' it is like big remote switch which can be programed to open and close over almost any length of time for multiply images

no batteries though i think yours is better

I love it KK, there must be loads of interesting uses for this baby, and a good investment I reckon.

You have a PST too dont you? Any chance of some Solar Time Lapse stuff in future maybe.

Ron. :shocked:

sounds good have you hear of the 'TCN803' it is like big remote switch which can be programed to open and close over almost any length of time for multiply images

That is a lovely instrument. Gotta love ebay for electronic goodies - I got this thingy off ebay for my Canon. Works like a charm.
7277_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived