Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Binocular test specs

jetstream

Never seen any, also not sure how they would be determined.

Over the years I have looked at and bought binoculars I have always said to try out a selection of binoculars then buy the specific ones that you liked. Not a different set in an unopened box but the specific ones that you tried.

When I was last looking round for a set I visited the RSPC Optics days at 2 places and found that none really impressed, especially at the price. Nikons and Swarkovski's were not exactly great, the RSPB and Vikings were little better then mediocre  Just never produced the quality of image I had expected. Bet there is however not a "poor" review of either Nikon or Swarkovski binoculars. Have you seen a poor review of a scope? Even scopes that most astronomers here would recommend avoiding gets a good review - thinking here of the Bird-Jones designs. Will say that every Leica I have looked through have been good, but I do not have enough internal organs for those.

For the price the Bushnell Natureviews I have are excellent, maybe not the best but they were a balance between price and performance. I think it was Minox that produced to me the next best after Leica's, and at half the price.

Archived