Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO Filter Wheel and filter size

Gina

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this - maybe an admin or mod could move it if not, please.

I'm looking at filter wheels for use with the ASI1600MM-Cool camera and camera lenses or scopes with field flatteners that have a 45mm back focus.  I would like to use an OAG which means the filter wheel needs to be thin.  The ZWO wheel fills the bill in this measurement and would allow me to use an OAG between it and the lens or field flattener.  However the spec says "Important Note: 1.25" filters require threads shorter than 3mm and the height without threads must be less than 7mm."  I'm using Astrodon filters and while the thread length is fine at about 2mm, the height without threads is 7.5mm which is just 0.5mm too much :(

So it seems the ZWO filter wheel cannot take Astrodon filters :eek:  Does anyone know if this is really the case, please?

Archived