NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bits storage for electronics dabblers

Dave_D

Maybe useful for all the other electronics dabblers.... B&M stores have these for £3.99 a pop

I grabbed 3... gonna get more

IMG_20160901_204051_zpsmzxi5ybk.jpg

also, anyone had a play with an ATMega1284P yet? i bet they could handle some serious astro projects... 

"The high-performance Atmel 8-bit AVR RISC-based microcontroller combines 128KB ISP flash memory with read-while-write capabilities, 4KB EEPROM, 16KB SRAM, 32 general purpose I/O lines, 32 general purpose working registers, a real time counter, three flexible timer/counters with compare modes and PWM, two USARTs, a byte oriented 2-wire serial interface, an 8-channel 10-bit A/D converter with optional differential input stage with programmable gain, programmable watchdog timer with internal oscillator, SPI serial port, a JTAG (IEEE 1149.1 compliant) test interface for on-chip debugging and programming, and six software selectable power saving modes. The device operates between 1.8-5.5 volts."

57 minutes ago, Dave_D said:

Maybe useful for all the other electronics dabblers.... B&M stores have these for £3.99 a pop

I grabbed 3... gonna get more

also, anyone had a play with an ATMega1284P yet? i bet they could handle some serious astro projects... 

"The high-performance Atmel 8-bit AVR RISC-based microcontroller combines 128KB ISP flash memory with read-while-write capabilities, 4KB EEPROM, 16KB SRAM, 32 general purpose I/O lines, 32 general purpose working registers, a real time counter, three flexible timer/counters with compare modes and PWM, two USARTs, a byte oriented 2-wire serial interface, an 8-channel 10-bit A/D converter with optional differential input stage with programmable gain, programmable watchdog timer with internal oscillator, SPI serial port, a JTAG (IEEE 1149.1 compliant) test interface for on-chip debugging and programming, and six software selectable power saving modes. The device operates between 1.8-5.5 volts."

Yes, I wrote a controller for a QVGA display using one several years ago. Like all AVRs it's a thing of sublime beauty. :-)

I've used a Mega644 for my GOTO controller which hasn't got quite the same muscle but plenty to control a mount + other devices and talk to other things and generally have fun. Main difference is the 1284 has twice the code space and four times the SRAM.

Archived