NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M31.... Almost.

MARS1960

Don't be so hard on yourself, to get any result is an achievement. Its very easy to forget how tough this imaging game is. Focus is a little soft but there are always positives that you can take away from the whole imaging session. The dust lanes are showing up nicely and stars are round. you have a slight blue colour bias that can be easily sorted adjusting the black point in the  blue channel.

A few years ago if you took a pic like that you'd be on the telly :)

As Peter says, pay very close attention to your focus, I see you have a Bahtinov mask, and be really extra careful with focusing, and in these changeable temperature nights, check it every 20 mins or so.

1 minute ago, peter shah said:

Don't be so hard on yourself, to get any result is an achievement. Its very easy to forget how tough this imaging game is. Focus is a little soft but there are always positives that you can take away from the whole imaging session. The dust lanes are showing up nicely and stars are round. you have a slight blue colour bias that can be easily sorted adjusting the black point in the  blue channel.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Peter, i guess i'll get there eventually.

We are fortunate enough to have clear skies here again tonight so more practice with the hardware side of things.

Archived